Thomas Umstattd: Press Kit
As Seen In
Thomas Umstattd Jr.
As an award-winning speaker, Thomas Umstattd teaches creative people all over the world how to grow famous and rich.
He is the author of Courtship in Crisis.
He currently serves as the CEO of Author Media and lives with his wife in Austin, TX.
“Thomas takes complicated issues and distills them down to knowable pieces.”
How to Fund Your Next Project on Kickstarter
Crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter can be an amazing way to test your idea while raising funds. Thomas has crowdfunded and consulted on multiple projects and learned some highly practical lessons along the way.
How to Publish and Launch a Book
Writing a book can be a powerful way to build your credibility and audience. As the host of Novel Marketing, Thomas will empower listeners to truly understand the publishing process from idea to launching a polished book.
Four Steps For Building An Amazing Brand
Building a brand for yourself or your company doesn’t have to be a mystifying process. Thomas’ 4 steps have helped authors and businesses all over the world take their brands to the next level.
Solopreneur to Entrepreneur
How to scale your work from one overworked person to a productive team of experts.
How to Boost Your Blog’s Traffic
Blogging can be a powerful way to grow your business, but only if people read your blog. Thomas has metrics and best practices to train audiences how to get their blog and brand noticed.
Why Most Business Websites Fail
There is an avoidable reason most business websites get little traffic and even less business. Thomas helps you circumvent potential traffic-killing minefields so you can reach more people.
Courtship vs. Dating
Thomas is the author of Courtship in Crisis, and the viral blog post Why Courtship is Fundamentally Flawed. Single audiences will learn the power of Grandma’s Dating Rules, while Thomas tells the story of moving from frustrated single guy to happily married man.
Sample Interview Questions
- Why is promotion important to the publishing process?
- How have marketing responsibilities shifted from publishers to authors in the past ten years and why?
- How is marketing different for fiction and nonfiction?
- Why do authors struggle with marketing?
- How should authors start building their platforms before the book comes out?
- How should authors go about choosing their first platforms: website, blog, social media, podcast?
Blogging & Writing
- How did you get started writing?
- What is the story behind your viral post?
- How did that impact your future writing?
- What do people not realize about the benefits or disappointments of going viral?
- How did blogging your perspective on courtship versus dating shape the writing of your book?
- What are some of the important relationships a writer needs?
- What is crowdfunding?
- What are the pros and cons of the popular crowdfunding platforms (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Patreon)?
- What causes campaigns to fail?
- What tips do you have for having a successful crowdfunding campaign?