- Russian is one of the hardest languages to learn in the world.
- Never under any circumstances walk in a Russian home with your shoes on. Even if they say you can don’t.
- Russian homes are warmer than my house in Belton. All that talk about how cold it is here is hype.
- Russian buildings are heated by warm water that flows through radiators in each room. The closer you are to a hot water station the warmer your house is. There is no thermostat or central air but the temperature always seems to be just right or to warm.
- Unlike in the movies, most Russians don’t speak English. But they do have fun accents like in the movies.
- More Russians speak Spanish than you might think.
- Russian have fun accents in Spanish too.
- The answer to icy roads in Russia is dirt. They cover the roads with dirt. Dirt + melted snow + car oil = slime. Slime is covers everything during the winter.
- Walking around St. Petersburg is a blast.
- Walking around St. Petersburg in new shoes = pain + blast.
- Playing tag with orphans while wearing new shoes is proof that you can have fun and hurt at the same time.
- Serving God sometimes means doing menial tasks that no one notices that are often criticized.
- Some of the coolest Christians work way behind the scenes.
- When a Russian asks you if you would like tea what he is she is really asking is would you like to talk. Tea is holds you to the table for the conversation. Tea is a Russian social lubricant.
Thanks for the insight and pictures! I enjoyed reading your list. So, are you coming home now? I never really knew how long you'd be in Russia… I guess I'm out of the loop. 😉
Thanks for the comment you left a while back. Glad you liked the song….
I am back from Russia now. Thanks for the comment 🙂
Thanks so much for sharing your pictures and memories, Thomas! So true about the menial tasks. Welcome back to the good ol' U.S. of A.!
Hey did you write Brain Morgan under the links section on purpose (instead of Brian Morgan, i before a, instead of the muscle inside your head that does the thinking)? Very funny : )
Good to have you back,